Botox (Botulinum Toxin Type A)
• What it is: Botox, or Botulinum toxin, is a naturally occurring protein produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. This bacterium makes several different types of protein which are called type A to type F. These varying proteins cause muscles to relax at different levels. Only Type A is used for cosmetic purposes.
• How it Works: When Botox is injected into a specific muscle it blocks the signal from the nerve to the muscles in the face. This means that the nerve ending cannot tell the muscle to move. This is not a permanent condition, however, but it will last for around 3 to 4 months.
• How it’s used: Botox is injected into the muscle to soften wrinkles in the forehead, glabella (Frown lines), Crows Feet, Upper Lip, corners of the mouth, Chin, Neck Bands, Nose, TMJ, and also to reduce the Jaw line.
Botox may also be used to treat excessive sweating in the scalp, arm pits, hands, and feet. Botox may also be injected in various areas of the head to treat migraine headaches.
• What it is: Dermal Fillers are made of various natural and synthetic materials that are injected into the skin to restore its youthful appearance, plump certain areas, or even correct asymmetry. Dermal Fillers are made of collagen, hyaluronic acid, polylactic acid, or calcium hydroxylapatite. • How it Works: As we age, our skin gradually loses collagen and fat, as a result, it becomes thinner and wrinkled. Dermal Fillers help restore the skin to its youthful appearance. These fillers come in different formulas, usually thicker fillers are injected deeper into the skin, and thinner fillers are used on more superficial areas.
• How it is used: Fillers are used to plump the lips, soften the lines around the lips, the nasolabial lines, the smile lines, even crow’s feet and lines on the forehead. Thicker fillers are used to add volume to the cheeks, contour the face, the chin, the ear lobes, reshape the nose, and also rejuvenate the hands. During your consultation, we will discuss your areas of concern, and recommend the best treatment plan using the appropriate dermal fillers.
• What it is: A liquid Facelift is performed by an experienced and skilled injector who uses advanced injection techniques. Your injector will combine different types of Dermal Fillers and Botox to lift and contour the face and achieve a nonsurgical Facelift.
• How it works: By combining Botox and different types of Dermal Fillers placed strategically in specific areas, your injector can help achieve a lift of facial features, reduce wrinkles and folds, restore or enhance facial contours, and give a more youthful and rested look.
• How long it lasts: A Liquid Facelift will usually last anywhere from one to two years depending on the products used, and the areas injected. • Cost of a Liquid Facelift: The cost will vary greatly depending on the areas of the face injected, and the amount of product needed to achieve your specific goals.
NONSURGICAL NOSE JOB
• What it is: A Nonsurgical Nose job is a specialty procedure offered at our practice. Depending on your specific goals, your injector will use Dermal Fillers, Botox, or a combination to achieve your desired look. Botox may be used to lift the nose tip, and Dermal Fillers are used to enhance the nose symmetry or improve its overall look.
• Cost of a Nonsurgical Nose job: The cost will vary depending on the amount of product used and the amount of expertise needed to achieve your specific goals.
ULTHERAPY (NONSURGICAL FACELIFT)
• What it is: Ultherapy is a non-invasive, non-surgical procedure that uses Ultrasound Waves to stimulate collagen production resulting in a lifting effect of the face and neck. Ultherapy is the only non-invasive procedure FDA-cleared to lift skin on the neck, under the chin and on the eyebrow. Now also FDA-cleared to improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the décolletage, Ultherapy can help you achieve a fresher look from your brow to your chest with no surgery or downtime. All you need is ONE session!
• How it works: Ultherapy relies on ultrasound waves to deliver its collagen-boosting treatment. It also incorporates traditional ultrasound imaging, which allows practitioners to see the layers of tissue they are treating, ensuring the treatment energy is delivered to where it is intended and where it will be most beneficial.
• Areas Treated: Ultherapy is designed to treat loose or sagging skin on the face, brows, neck, chin, and chest.
AQUAGOLD FINE TOUCH
• What it is: AquaGold Fine touch is a new gold-plated microneedle delivery system that allows us to deliver customized products into the skin. The gold-plated microneedles are thinner than the human hair, which allows us to deliver products safely and pain free into the skin.
• How it works: Using the AquaGold Fine Touch, we can structure a specific and custom treatment for you depending on your needs. Usually we can deliver different combinations of dermal fillers, micro Botox, and growth factors to achieve radiant skin.
MICRO NEEDLING WITH PRP (VAMPIRE FACIAL)
• What it is: Microneedling with PRP is known as a revolutionary treatment that uses the body’s own natural healing powers to slow and even reverse the ageing process by placing growth factors in the locations where we want the skin to repair and rejuvenate itself.
• How it works: A small amount of blood is taken from the patient and Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP is extracted from that blood. PRP is rich in proteins and growth factors, when it is injected into the skin using the micro needling system they stimulate other cells surrounding the injection site, plumping them up and causing them to increase in volume and also stimulate increased collagen production.
• How it is used: PRP Therapy can be used to treat numerous cosmetic problems, such as fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth and nose, crow’s feet around the eyes, and mild drooping or sagging skin around the eyes or on the cheeks. PRP therapy can also be used to improve the appearance of dehydrated or mildly sagging skin on the backs of the hands, on the top of the feet, elbows and knees. It can be used all over the body.
• What it is: At Panacea Aesthetics & Wellness Center, we use Diamond Microdermabrasion where the treatment tip contains tiny diamonds that abrade the skin. Once the outer layer of skin has been removed, the layers of skin beneath increase their production of new skin cells to renew the surface layer. The results are subtle and include a freshening in the appearance and improvement in the texture of the skin, and a reduction in the appearance of fine lines or wrinkles. The treatment is usually painless and doesn’t irritate the skin greatly.
• How it works: Once the outer layer of skin has been removed, the layers of skin beneath then increase their production of new skin cells to renew the surface layer. It helps improve the appearance of the skin and the circulation and generally gives the skin a healthy glow.